Please take a moment to submit testimony here, and for extra impact, attend the hearing at the Hawaii State Capitol.
Here are some suggested talking points:
- I strongly support legislative efforts to reduce the use of paper and plastic bags.
- Over 400 plastic bags are used by each person annually.
- Nationally, we use an astounding 100 billion throwaway plastic bags every year made from some 12 million barrels of oil.
- These bags foul our open spaces, pollute our fragile marine environment and kill thousands of animals every year.
- We need to preserve our watersheds in order to ensure fresh drinking water for future generations.
- Please pass the single use bag fee bill and protect Hawaii's fragile environment.
This is the only single-use bag bill still alive in the Hawaii Legislature, so let’s see it through!